Rainy season is the best period for planting, and also for nurturing the existing plants for the plants to capable of acquiring sufficient nourishment. Planting trees at this time reduces much of your labor for the establishment and maintenance. All sizes of trees and shrubs can be planted during rains however close attention could be given to watering. Following are some vital factors to be taken care of in your garden during rain.
- Check your drainage system in the compound and garden. Water should not be allowed to stagnate in the garden as it can decay your plants
- Frogs and toads are a gardener’s best friends. They are voracious insect eaters. Encourage them with moving water or with a small stream or pond
- The Rain tree, Ficus varieties and Peltophorum are some of the fast growing trees with weak stems. They branch out and form a reasonable amount of shade within a short period of time
- Mimusopselengi, Spathodea, Lawsonia, Tabebuia, Cassia and Saraca are some of the slow growing trees with lesser impact on adjacent disturbance. If you are planning a long term project you may plant these trees in sacks and maintain them till the near completion stage of the project. The trees by then would have reached a reasonable height and planting them at the desired site would help in providing instant greenery
- Earthworms are also gardener’s friend. They not only aerate the soil by tunneling down upto five feet, they also help fertilize it
- If your plant leaves are turning yellow, mix a cup of decayed manure or cottonseed meal into the top layer of soil and keep moist
- Pruning and application of fertilizer are the two important tasks awaiting a gardener soon after rains. Removal of dead growth encourages the plants to throwing fresh shoots, while manure helps in expediting the growth with ample nourishment
- Application of pesticide is much needed once fresh shoots appear after pruning. External application of pesticides will kill the sucking pests that prefer fresh leaves
- Insects need to be culled manually as they are numerous and proliferate during monsoon. Having the insects attracted to lights, with a bowl of kerosene placed beneath, is one way of eliminating them
- Set your indoor plants outside during rains. They will like a bit of rainwater, it is the humidity that they love
If you love creating a kitchen or ornamental flower garden you should opt for buying a plot in Bangalore; which will allow you ample opportunity to live life on your own way and terms.
Are you looking for a premium plot clubbed with World class finishes and elegant amenities across Sarjapur, Electronic City or Mysore Road; KNS Infrastructure will be able to help you. Contact us today.